Seven-time Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton could take a sabbatical from the sport after losing out to Max Verstappen in the race for last season’s Formula One world championship that is the claim of Sky Sports News F1 reporter Craig Slater.
Hamilton has not been heard from since losing the championship in Abu Dhabi on Sunday 12 December 2021.
Speaking to Sky Sports News on Monday, Craig Slater said that the longer that the FIA takes to come to a conclusion with their investigation into what happened on the final lap of the race in Abu Dhabi the less likely it is that Lewis Hamilton will be on the grid this season.
Slater revealed that he has been told by someone close to Hamilton that the seven-time champion took it very badly after losing the championship despite congratulating Max Verstappen on the podium.
New FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem believes that Hamilton will not quit while he has also confirmed that he will personally investigate what happened in Abu Dhabi last month.